Crime prevention tips
- Make daily bank deposits, and vary your time and routes to and from the bank
- Check daily cash register receipts against your deposits to help prevent the possibility of employee dishonesty
- Immediately mark any checks received as “For Deposit Only”
- Keep any rear doors locked from the outside at all times by installing panic locks. Padlocks should not be used to lock doors.
- Keep a safe on site to store small amounts of cash, important documents or other valuable items. Change the safe’s combination periodically.
- Consider installing security cameras throughout the property. All entranceways and cashier areas should be kept under surveillance.
- Conduct background checks on applicants
- Train employees on safe opening and closing procedures
- Train employees on what they should do in case of robbery. Make it clear they should never endanger themselves by trying to protect money, property or other valuable items.