Get farm building insurance coverage included in your farm or ranch policy to protect your farm or ranch confinement buildings from damage. These buildings must be listed on your policy to be covered.
Covering confinement buildings
- Equipment used in the service of the building – such as water pumps, motors and outdoor equipment.
- Furniture, fixtures, machinery and equipment used for the operation of the building located in, on or within 100 feet of the building.
Under certain conditions, AgriChoice® provides coverage for collapsed confinement buildings.
Extended coverage for new buildings
If you add a new barn, shelter or other confinement building, AgriChoice extends your coverage of up to $100,000 for 60 days starting at the delivery of building materials – or until your next renewal date. When your policy is about to renew, discuss the values of any new structures with your agent to be sure you’re properly insured.
Ask your agent
Talk with your agent about:
- Whether to insure your barns or confinement buildings for replacement cost or actual cash value.
- The causes of loss you want to insure for. From least to most comprehensive, your options are basic, broad or special.
- How much deductible to carry. A higher deductible may lower your premium, but you would have to pay more in the event of a loss.
- The current value of your confinement buildings.
And don’t forget the fixtures
AgriChoice covers equipment breakdown and the mechanical failure of fixtures or systems built into structures. Be sure to let your agent know the value of all fixtures, systems and equipment associated with your confinement buildings.
Get farm insurance, liability and other coverages in one convenient policy.
You decide how your livestock is covered – by the herd or individually