Starting a property damage claim
Even if you don’t have all the information you need to file your claim, it’s important to file immediately so we can begin the process. Just be sure to contact us later with any follow-up information.
- Your name, address, telephone number and policy number
- The type of property damage claim (wind, water, fire, theft, etc.)
- Description of the damage to your home or personal property
- Gather facts about the damage to your property
- Explain coverages in your policy and your deductible
- Help schedule an inspection of the damage, if necessary
Estimating damage and repair
Some claims may be settled over the phone. Otherwise, a claims associate may inspect your property and estimate the cost to repair the damage.
For repairs, you’re free to find your own contractor or select one from our On Your Side Property Repair Network®.