File a business insurance claim

File a claim online

Or call 1-800-421-3535

File a personal insurance claim

Nationwide Agents: Please call to file a claim. Online claim filing is only available for policyholders.

What type of business insurance claim do you need to file?

Need to file a Harleysville claim? Visit the Harleysville claims page.

Report your commercial insurance claim immediately

We understand that you want to get your business and day-to- day life back to normal as soon as possible. Whether it’s an auto, property, general liability or workers' compensation claim, we work hard to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Don’t worry if you don’t have all the information needed to file your claim. It’s important to file immediately so we can begin processing your claim. You can always contact us later with follow-up information.

What you’ll need to file a commercial insurance claim

For the most efficient experience, try to have the following available when you start your claim:
  • Contact information for you and others involved
  • Your policy information (if available)
  • The type of loss: auto, property, general liability or workers' compensation
  • The date of the incident
  • A description of the loss or any injury
Claims FAQ. Explore answers about all types of claims.

Claims – just like your business – are unique

We know that if you have a claim, not every situation is the same. So to help you and your business get back to normal as soon as possible you’ll have access to tools, resources and a team of experts. 

Read more about the unique expertise and capabilities of the following industry-specific claims teams:

Electronic billing help for workers' compensation claims

If you’re a medical provider, we can help you submit an electronic billing on existing Nationwide workers’ compensation claims.

Find out more about electronic billing

Need to file a personal claim? Visit the personal claims center. Or call us at 1-800-421-3535.

Each claim is handled on the basis of its individual facts and circumstances, in accordance with policy language, including applicable exclusions, conditions and limitations, as well as applicable controlling law.