Start your claim to get your business back to normal quickly
When an accident, injury or other unexpected event interrupts your business, we’ll be there to guide you through the claims process.
We understand that you want to get back to normal or find peace of mind as soon as possible. Whether it’s an auto, property, general liability or workers compensation claim, we work hard to resolve it as quickly as possible.
And as a Fortune 100 company and one of the world’s largest insurers*, Nationwide has the financial stability and expertise to effectively and efficiently resolve your claim.
Get started by filing your claim
Simply log in and start your claim now.
Or call our Claims Center at 1-800-421-3535 - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Please have handy:
- Contact information for you and others involved
- Your policy info (if available)
- The type of loss - auto, property, general liability or workers compensation
- The date of the incident
- A description of the loss and any injuries
If you need any further help, don’t hesitate to contact your agent, who’s always there to help and answer any questions you may have.
Report your claim immediately
If you don’t have all the information about your claim, don’t worry. You can always contact us later with any follow-up information.
Your most important action is to file immediately, so we can begin processing your claim.
Prompt filing of workers comp claims is smart business
Properly handling workers compensation claims is important for your business – and a good business practice. It’s important to remember that all workers’ comp claims should be reported immediately, even minor ones.
Filing promptly provides many benefits:
- Provides prompt and appropriate medical care for your injured employee
- Makes certain the claim is handled efficiently and your employee can return to work quickly
- Allows for a thorough and accurate investigation
- Helps you meet state reporting requirements and avoid fines and penalties
- Can help reduce the potential for litigation
Even if you don’t have all the information to complete your workers’ comp claim, it’s vital that you submit a first report of injury as soon as possible to get the claims process started.
Workers' comp rules, regulations, and required postings vary by state. Our workers' comp claims toolkit contains important claims department contact information, instructions, and forms to help your business remain in compliance.
If you are a medical provider seeking information that will help you submit an electronic billing on an existing Nationwide workers compensation claim, we can provide the assistance you need.
*Fortune Magazine, 6/2016.