Even if you don’t have all the information to complete your claim, it’s a good business practice to report workers’ compensation claims properly and promptly. In fact, it’s vital to submit a first report of injury as soon as possible to get the claims process started, even for minor injuries.
Filing promptly provides many benefits:
- Improves opportunities for injured employees to obtain prompt and appropriate medical care
- Increases the likelihood that employees can return to work safely and with minimal delay
- Allows for a thorough investigation, including the ability to "freeze the claim facts"
- Helps you comply with state reporting requirements
- Can help reduce the potential for litigation