A significant part of the protection provided by your farm property insurance is for the home you and your family live in, as well as its contents. Farm house insurance is different from farm insurance in that it protects the dwelling structure itself rather than the farm itself.
What farm home insurance protects
Generally, your farm homeowners insurance covers:
- The structure itself
- Contents, such as furniture, appliances and personal property
- Garages, gazebos and other structures, including in-ground pools, outdoor radio or TV antennas and satellite dishes
- Buildings and outdoor equipment you use to maintain the buildings, grounds or attached structures
- Farm home systems and equipment, including kitchen and laundry appliances, home entertainment equipment, computers and wireless devices, portable generators and sump pumps
- Liabilities from injuries to house guests
Designed to protect traditional production farms and ranches, our AgriChoice® policy provides an automatic construction cost feature that adjusts values to current building costs in your area. Be sure to talk to your agent about:
- Insuring your farm house for replacement cost or actual cash value.
- The cause of loss (basic, broad or special) you want to insure for.
- How much deductible you should carry. A higher deductible may lower your premium, but you would have to pay more in the event of a loss.
- The current value of your farm house.
AgriChoice also provides some extensions of coverage for:
- Trees, shrubs, plants and lawns
- Fallen tree removal
- Refrigerated products
- Debris removal
- Fire department service charges
- Credit card fraud and forgery
With AgriChoice, you can customize your protection with optional coverages, such as:
- Sewer and sump pump backup
- Earthquake damage
- Identity theft expenses
Other farm and ranch policy options that include farm house insurance
Our AgriChoice® Plus and CountryChoice policies also include homeowners insurance and other basics such as property and liability insurance. Learn more about all of the farm and ranch insurance packages we offer.