All vehicle insurance
All business insurance
By business type
All investment products
If you’re involved in a boating accident:
- Exchange name, address and boat identification with any other operator involved in the collision
- Take pictures to document damages for your insurance claim
Boating safety resources
Boating safety tips | Personal watercraft safety | How to winterize your boat | U.S. Coast Guard mobile app
What are my boat or Personal Watercraft (PWC) coverage options?
Nationwide protects recreational boats, valued up to $350,000, including bass boats, sailboats, cabin cruisers, pontoon boats and ski boats – both on the water and on the road.
Like other personal insurance policies, a boat policy may cover you for bodily injury liability under the terms of your policy if someone is injured on your craft or your craft injures someone. It also may cover you if your craft damages a dock or someone else’s boat.
Additional coverages are available that may cover:
- Theft, vandalism, fire and flood
- Damage to your boat caused by a collision
- Loss or damage to personal property brought onboard
- Loss to fishing equipment
- Bodily injury you suffered from an uninsured boater
- Towing if you break down on the water
Speak with your agent to confirm you have appropriate coverage or learn more about boat and PWC insurance coverages.
Each claim is handled on the basis of its individual facts and circumstances and in accordance with policy language, including applicable exclusions, conditions and limitations, as well as applicable controlling law. Insurance overview is for informational purposes only and does not replace or modify the definitions and information contained in individual insurance policies or declaration pages, which are controlling. Terms and availability vary by state and exclusions apply.