What's covered by commercial auto insurance
Commercial auto insurance covers injuries that you or your employees may cause to other people and their property while driving. A typical commercial auto policy may include:
- Auto liability, which protects you and your company by paying for bodily injury or property damages you may become legally liable for as a result of a covered automobile accident
- Medical payments, which pays medical expenses, up to your coverage limit, for you, your employees and your passengers arising from motor vehicle accidents – regardless of who is at fault
- Comprehensive coverage, which can help pay for damage to your vehicle from something other than another vehicle like vandalism, theft, weather events and accidents involving animals (subject to deductible)
- Collision coverage, which pays for damage to your vehicle from another vehicle whether you hit another vehicle or object, another vehicle hits you, or your vehicle rolls over – regardless of who is at fault (subject to deductible)
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage, which pays for medical expenses, loss of income and other damages owed to you, your employees (expenses that are not covered by workers’ compensation) or your passengers when an accident is caused by an uninsured or underinsured motorist
A commercial auto policy also can include coverage for cars you borrow or rent, as well as coverage for employees who use their cars for your business.
Review and share these resources, then take our online safety training.
Get 24/7 emergency help if you need fuel, a tire change, a jumpstart or a tow.
We make insurance claims easy
With our On Your Side® Claims Service, you’ll get:
A written guarantee on repairs
When you choose a repair shop from the On Your Side Auto Repair Network®, all repairs come with a written guarantee for as long as you own or lease the vehicle.
A choice of qualified repair shops you can trust
The On Your Side Auto Repair Network includes only shops that are pre-screened and pre-qualified for the highest level of service.
Look for a shop in our network
Commercial auto insurance FAQs
Related topics & resources
Product, coverage, discounts, insurance terms, definitions, and other descriptions are intended for informational purposes only and do not in any way replace or modify the definitions and information contained in your individual insurance contracts, policies, and/or declaration pages from Nationwide-affiliated underwriting companies, which are controlling. Such products, coverages, terms, and discounts may vary by state and exclusions may apply.