Have a question about Nationwide claims? Start here.
How do I notify Nationwide after an accident or event?
- Call 1-800-421-3535.
- Log in to your account to file an auto, property or watercraft claim online.
- Contact your agent.
What information will I need to provide?
- Your name and address
- Names and addresses of any witnesses or injured people
- General loss information
- Your Nationwide policy number, if available
What happens after I report a claim?
A Nationwide claims professional will review your report and start the claims process. If you have any questions after completing your claims report, you can view your claim online after you log in to your account. To speak to a claims professional, call 1-800-421-3535.
Who is handling my claim?
To get the name and phone number for the professional handling your claim, call 1-800-421-3535 or log in to your account and click “Claims” under the appropriate policy or account.
How do I get my claim number and check the status of my claim?
Call 1-800-421-3535 or log in to your account and click “Claims” under the appropriate policy or account.
What should I do if suffer a property loss?
- If necessary, protect your property from further damage by making reasonable temporary repairs. Keep a record of repair costs.
- Notify us.
- If damage was caused by theft or vandalism, notify the police.
- If your loss is related to a bank electronic fund transfer or credit card, notify your financial institution.
What should I do after an auto accident?
- Notify the police.
- Collect the descriptions and specific damages to all vehicles, as well as the names and addresses of all people and witnesses involved.
- Notify us.
- Promptly send us copies of any letters, notices or legal papers you receive about the accident. You may be asked to submit documentation of your of loss. If you were treated for injuries, you may be asked to submit that information as well.
How do I report claims fraud?
Call the Nationwide Fraud Hotline at 1-800-474-7633.