Columbus has been home to Nationwide from the beginning. Our corporate headquarters comprises five downtown buildings and houses more than 11,000 associates in various fields of expertise. Another 3,000+ people work in other nearby business campuses.
Nationwide has invested heavily in downtown Columbus to create a business and entertainment destination called the Arena District. This bustling hotspot includes sports, dining, nightlife, hotels, residential places, and the Nationwide Arena – home to the NHL’s Columbus Blue Jackets.
Nationwide is a leading contributor to the Columbus community and has partnerships with several local organizations, including:
- Columbus Blue Jackets – Nationwide has been a championship partner of the Columbus Blue Jackets since the team’s founding in 1997. Beginning with the construction of Nationwide Arena and the development of Columbus’ Arena District, Nationwide has continually supported the Blue Jackets and their quest to bring the NHL’s Stanley Cup to Columbus.
- Columbus Clippers – Nationwide is a proud sponsor of the Columbus Clippers, Triple-A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians.
- Nationwide Children's Hospital – Nationwide and the Nationwide Foundation support this nationally-recognized, leading pediatric facility for health care, research, education and advocacy through grants by the foundation and sponsorship of and associate volunteerism at events like the Nationwide Children's Hospital Columbus Marathon and 1/2 Marathon, and the Memorial Tournament.
In addition, our Central Ohio associates contributed $5.1 million through our annual United Way Campaign, raised 2.7 million meals for Mid-Ohio Food Bank and gave 8,209 units of blood last year, and nearly 100 of our leaders served on nonprofit boards in our home community.
Columbus facts and rankings
- 15th largest U.S. city and the largest city in Ohio
- In 2016, the city won $50 Million DoT Smart Cities Challenge
- Two dozen colleges and universities in the Columbus metropolitan area
- Revitalized urban neighborhoods with walkable, pedestrian-friendly streets