From spring blooms to fall foliage, Vermont is a beautiful state to reside in. Renting a home in Burlington, Bennington or Essex Junction are excellent locations, but are you protecting your belongings in the best way possible? Your landlord's insurance policy may not cover certain damages or theft - which is why the right renters insurance is key. Nationwide offers flexible Vermont renters insurance policies at rates that fit your budget. Learn more about our renters insurance discounts and find the right coverage for you by getting a quote today.
Is renters insurance required in Vermont?
No, there is no federal law that requires tenants to carry renters insurance; however, some landlords may require proof of renters insurance as part of the lease agreement.
Vermont renters coverages and discounts
Renters insurance coverage
With Nationwide renters insurance coverage, you enjoy the security of knowing your belongings may be covered if stolen, damaged or destroyed.Get renters coverage
Discounts on renters insurance rates
Save money on Nationwide renters insurance coverage with these renters insurance discounts.See how you can save
Policy features that may meet the needs of Vermont renters
- Valuables Plus®1 insurance may cover items such as jewelry, watches, antiques and fine art in the event of covered losses, including theft.
- Medical payments renters insurance may cover others' medical expenses resulting from an accident on your property.
Nationwide agents throughout Vermont are ready to assist you
Select your city below to find an agent near you.
What factors go into determining a renters insurance rate?
While the average cost of renters insurance varies based on a number of components, these are common factors that insurance companies use to assess risk and determine your renters insurance rate:
The location of the rental property includes state and ZIP code.
The type of coverage you choose and how much personal property and liability protection you want your policy to cover.
The amount of money you choose to pay out of pocket can affect your renters insurance premium.
Bundle insurance policies
Nationwide offers a variety of multi-policy discount options. Choosing to bundle auto and renters insurance from the same insurance provider can potentially lower your insurance premium.
Get a free Vermont renters insurance review
- Increase or decrease your deductible(s)
- Determine the home insurance coverage options that are right for your budget and situation. For instance, did you recently build a garage or gazebo you need covered? Have you installed a protective device that could qualify you for a discount? The On Your Side® Review is a great time to make these types of updates to your policy.
- Review our responsive home insurance claim policy
Nationwide coverage in Vermont
 Valuables Plus is an optional feature. Exclusions and limits apply. Details vary by state and policy language. Please consult your policy for the specifics of your selected coverages.
Insurance terms, definitions and explanations are intended for informational purposes only and do not in any way replace or modify the definitions and information contained in individual insurance contracts, policies or declaration pages, which are controlling. Such terms and availability may vary by state and exclusions may apply.