From bass boats to yachts, having the right boat insurance policy is critical no matter what type of vessel you own. If you're looking for cheap boat insurance but still want reliable coverage, make sure you take advantage of Nationwide's boat insurance discounts. We offer a wide range of discounts to help our members save - take a look at the boat insurance discounts below to find one that fits your needs and your budget.
Save on boat insurance rates with these discounts
Boater safety course discount
Knowing the essentials of boating safety not only protects you on the water, but it can also help you save when you complete an approved water safety course and are 21 years of age or older. Check with the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators to find out what types of courses are available.
Save by insuring more than one boat on the same policy with our multiple-boat insurance discount. Personal watercrafts are excluded from this discount.
Diesel fuel discount
Get a discount when you buy a boat powered by diesel fuel.
Paid in full discount
Pay your 12-month premium in full to get a discount on boat insurance. It’s an easy way to save time and money on your boat coverage.
Claim-free renewal discount
Receive a discount at renewal if you are claim-free in the preceding policy term.
Save money on your insurance when you buy an affordable boat insurance package. We have a wide-range of packages available for different types of boaters.
- Weekenders – boaters who take gear onto their boat and remove it when they are done can get coverage up to $1,000 for fishing equipment, $3,000 for personal effects and $500 for towing.
- Overnighters – boaters who spend the weekend or take short boating trips can get coverage up to $2,500 for fishing equipment, $5,000 for personal effects and $2,500 for towing.
- Light Tackle Anglers – boaters who own bass boats or smaller fishing boats can get coverage up to $5,000 for fishing equipment, $2,000 for personal effects and $2,500 for towing.
- Deep Water Pros – boaters who fish big waters, gulfs, bays and oceans can get coverage up to $10,000 for fishing equipment, $5,000 for personal effects and $2,500 for towing.
- Roadside Assistance is included in the package at no additional cost when you insure your boat trailer with Nationwide.
- Rental reimbursement is an optional coverage that is included in all boat insurance packages.
Do you own a Jet-Ski, Sea-Doo or other type of personal watercraft? Learn more about Nationwide’s insurance discounts for personal watercrafts today.