Did you know that if you're renting an apartment, home or even college dorm in Illinois, your landlord's renters insurance policy may not cover everything? That's why Nationwide offers Illinois renters insurance that has you covered in the event of theft, water backup damage, certain natural disasters and more.
So if you're looking for renters insurance in Chicago for your first apartment or renting a home in the Joliet suburbs, you can have peace of mind in your rented space. Learn more about Nationwide's renters insurance policies and discounts and get a quote online today.
Is renters insurance required in Illinois?
No, there is no federal law that requires tenants to carry renters insurance; however, some landlords may require proof of renters insurance as part of the lease agreement.
Illinois renters coverages and discounts
Renters insurance coverage
With Nationwide renters insurance coverage, you enjoy the security of knowing your belongings may be covered if stolen, damaged or destroyed.Get renters coverage
Discounts on renters insurance rates
Save money on Nationwide renters insurance coverage with these renters insurance discounts.See how you can save
Policy features that may meet the needs of Illinois renters
- Valuables Plus®1 insurance may cover items such as jewelry, watches, antiques and fine art in the event of covered losses, including theft.
- Medical payments renters insurance may cover others' medical expenses resulting from an accident on your property.
Nationwide agents throughout Illinois are ready to assist you
Select your city below to find an agent near you.
Get a free Illinois renters insurance review
- Increase or decrease your deductible(s)
- Determine the home insurance coverage options that are right for your budget and situation. For instance, did you recently build a garage or gazebo you need covered? Have you installed a protective device that could qualify you for a discount? The On Your Side® Review is a great time to make these types of updates to your policy.
- Review our responsive home insurance claim policy
Nationwide coverage in Illinois
 Valuables Plus is an optional feature. Exclusions and limits apply. Details vary by state and policy language. Please consult your policy for the specifics of your selected coverages.
Insurance terms, definitions and explanations are intended for informational purposes only and do not in any way replace or modify the definitions and information contained in individual insurance contracts, policies or declaration pages, which are controlling. Such terms and availability may vary by state and exclusions may apply.