We make it easy to get quick and accurate car insurance quotes. The process takes just a few minutes and your new policy can go into effect right away.
But just because it’s quick doesn’t mean it’s not personal. Be sure to customize your policy with different options that suit your budget and needs.
Learn more about how to get car insurance in just five quick steps.
1. Click, call or visit for instant auto insurance
Nationwide's auto insurance quote tool is your fastest path to a quick car insurance quote. Just enter your zip code and click Get a Quote. Answer some questions about yourself, the car you want to insure and anyone you’d like to include on your policy.
You can also get fast car insurance quotes by calling 1-877-669-6877. And if you prefer working with a local agent, use our agent locator to find an agent near you.
2. Gather information about your cars and drivers
You can save time while getting a quick auto insurance quote by making sure you have all of the required information ahead of time. That includes specifics about your current auto insurance policy – if you have one – along with details about your vehicle, the people who will be driving the vehicle and information about any driving violations, accidents and prior claims.
3. Explore car insurance discounts
We offer a variety of car insurance discounts that may help lower your premium in a big way. We’ll ask questions to help identify discounts you may qualify for. You might be surprised at how many discounts you can find to help lower your car insurance rate.
4. Customize your policy with additional options
Our most popular, affordable upgrades include:
- Roadside Assistance, which can help you if you need a tow, jump-start or tire change
- Accident Forgiveness, which means we won’t raise your auto insurance rates following your first at-fault accident
- Vanishing Deductible®, which lets you to take $100 off your deductible for every year of safe driving1
- SmartRide®, a usage-based insurance program that gives you personalized feedback to help you make even safer driving decisions2
5. Select the policy that’s right for you
Before you commit to a policy, we let you choose from several packages with different levels of coverage and pricing. It’s a convenient way to compare your options and select the policy that fits your needs and budget.
Once you’ve picked a policy, select a payment method to complete the transaction. Then download your proof of insurance card.
Liability car insurance quotes
Liability insurance is considered the most basic, minimum auto insurance you can buy – and it's required in most states. Essentially, if you want to get behind the wheel, you need to have it.
If you're thinking about requesting a quote for just liability auto insurance, make sure you know what the quoted policies do and do not cover. The most basic policy may keep you legal, but fall short of the coverage you need if you're in a serious accident or your car is damaged in some other way. For a slightly higher price, you may avoid big expenses down the road.